Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Guest Post with Elisabeth! -- Romance

Hey y'all!
I'm out and about today, probably moving in some fashion,
and have left my blog in some capable hands of the awesome ladies
who signed up to help a sista out.
So do enjoy your break from regularly scheduled programming!

-------------------------------------------------------



Hi - So I'm Elisabeth, and I blog over at La Vita e Bella

A little bit about me:

1. I love icecream, my husband, and the color blue.
2. I detest running long distances, lose-lose situations, and not being able to fall asleep at night. 
3. I could spend my whole life dancing, eating, and traveling and be perfectly happy. 
Fun fact: I lived in Tokyo 'till I was 11, New Hampshire 'till I was 18, and am now finishing school in Utah. 


Ben and I met December 6, 2010.
We were engaged May 6, 2011.
And we were married August 6, 2011.


It all happened a bit fast. The speed of it would scare me a little, until I remembered what it felt like to be with him; when I’d known him a week it felt like six months. When we’d been dating a month it felt like two years, and by the time we were married, I couldn’t remember life without Ben at all.

Prior to Ben I was a firm believer in dating someone for a long time. I was okay with short engagements (because I figured once you knew, you knew, and you might as well get married), but I was determined to date someone for at least a year, and see them in every season.


Well you see, the problem was that Ben simply swept me off my feet. Our first date was decorating gingerbread houses, our second, a holiday concert in an art museum. The first few months were filled with ice-cream, rock climbing, late night conversations, lots of cuddling, wide-eyed phone calls home, perpetual smiles, and “I love you”s. 

I’m so glad I chose to get married at age 20.
Now, I'm not saying all you single people under the age of 22 should go up and marry the first boy you meet, but if your knight in shining armor rides by on a white horse, don't bee too scared to let him sweep you off your feet. 

---

What are your thoughts on the speed of relationships?
How long should people date?

Hop on over to La Vita e Bella and let me know :)
Love,
Elisabeth







4 comments:

  1. what lovely post! my husband and i met when we were 14 and he 'dated' my sister! lol! the rest is history... sometimes you just KNOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool guest post! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved reading this story! such beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your husband are so cute together! Stopping by from the blog hop and am now your newest follower:) Hope you can come check out Crazy Mama Drama !
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete