Friday, January 27, 2012

Excited for Expansion

So today, I think I have finally decided to branch out my little blog feelers finally.

When I first started this blog, I went into it believing it would only be a craft blog, that I'd upload my projects, share inspiration with others, and that would be that. But the more I explore other faucets of creativity when it comes to blogging, and get more into the beautiful community that it represents, the more I find myself wanting to share. Wanting to help, and grow, and intermingle. So, I've decided, that I want to expand myself, my influence, my welcoming of others.

While I feel I have absolutely no current hold on followers or a reading base to speak of, I hope to one day have that, and with that will come more things that I can do. For now, I've begun to get excited perhaps of reaching out to a few differing blogs that offer sponsorships or traded advertising or something of that nature. I've got a few things in the works, and am planning on a few more. But the more I see other bloggers featuring each other, and trading ideas, the more excited I am in doing it myself, and perhaps getting myself out there a little more.

That being said, I'm also looking forwards to sharing a bit more personally on my own blog. To continue crafting and sharing projects, but also to have some of my own life story interspersed in the mix. Who knows if it will blow over well, or if it will garner any attention at all, but I suppose that's not really what it's about. To have touched one person is to make a change, right? I also joined pinterest, which I have to say, is sinfully addictive. I feel like I've skipped over my twenties, thirties, and even forties, and landed straight into old bitty category and am of the mind of anything new and popular is somehow bad. I question why this has happened, but have so far come up with nothing. Perhaps nostalgic reminiscing over the nineties, a simpler and better time? Who knows. But I will say, I've already found a lot of craft inspiration there, and some really touching stories. Who knew so much could be shared with pictures? Sure..a bunch of you already did, but I'm just coming into my own revelation.

I also wanted to draw a bit of attention to the new blog design. The old one was a standard template that I just snagged from somewhere, but I am proud to say that this is something I created all on my own. I started with a minimal plain template, and designed all my own graphics, buttons, layout, banners. The works. I'm quite proud of it truth be told. I'm an amateur graphic designer, doing things like this for a lot of my friends, as well as other medias. If an interest is shown, perhaps I'll start offering to do them for other people. I wouldn't charge of course, at least unless I somehow had this crazy demand. Which I severly doubt. So for now, I'd love to help anyone who wants a blog makeover, complete with custom graphics, banners, media buttons, etc. Just leave a comment on this post with some contact info, and let's get together!

Also feel free to leave a comment on anything and everything. I love chatting and getting to know fellow bloggers. Guest posts and trades and such are something I'm immediately interested in, so if you have an idea, feel free to get in touch! I'd absolutely love to hear from you. Even if you're just starting out, just thinking about starting out, or by all means, a seasoned veteran with your loyal minions.

I guess I should wrap this up, but I hope to talk to some of you out there...maybe? Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment