Saturday, February 26, 2011

A successful pancake venture

So. These past couple weeks, my husband and I have both been very sick alternatively. I'm running a fever today, and he's still got a cough. But, I was feeling hungry, and a little better than I had been, so I decided to make pancakes! But, since we were both feeling not so up to par, I had to find a recipe that was from scratch, since I didn't have any pancake mix, and that didn't use eggs, since I was also out of those, and I didn't feel like going out.

Here is how they turned out, don't they look scrumptious?


Here is the recipe I found:

EGG LESS PANCAKES

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup full cream milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoon butter

Combine dry ingredients and mix, add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Beat together. Set aside to rest for a ten minutes.
Heat a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Melt butter and add to batter.

1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.

Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown.

Because I am a sucker for editing and revising recipes I've found, I added a nice amount of honey, and butterscotch chips. They turned out soooo yummy! They do have a slightly denser texture to them, as they don't have the eggs. But they were still really good. And since we were missing syrup as well, I just topped them with more honey. I was delighted with this recipe and the yield too, since it's just me and my husband, and it made about 5 or 6. And that's all we needed.

Hope this brings someone else's tummy a happy feeling!

As always,

No comments:

Post a Comment